Monday, August 25, 2008

If he didn't have bad luck he would have no luck at all!

To put it mildly, my Dad has had a serious string of bad luck lately. The string off luck started about a month ago.


Incident #1 So my Dad is a Sheriff and a month or so ago he pulled over a couple of bike riders for riding erratically. The lady said it was because she had not ridden a bike in years. Yeah...RIGHT!! My dad cried bull shit on her excuse since she REEKED of booze. So just before he went back to his cruiser to write her a ticket she decided she had to pee and without warning she pissed all over herself. Since he was in such shock and since he was trying to contain his laughter he spun around quickly to return to his car. Well, I guess his mind was elsewhere because he walked straight into a poll! He ended up with a pretty big gash on his forehead and an afternoon off from work.


Incident #2 A few weeks ago I got a call from my Mom. I could tell something was up by the tone in her voice. She said "Megan, your Dad was hurt at work." Of course, these are the kind of calls that nightmares are made of when a family member is in this line of work. Of course this one took a turn when my Mom burst out laughing and said a few words I will never forget. "Dad tased himself last night!" I know people can get seriously hurt from this but this was some funny stuff! Of course it was only funny because he is OK. So I guess what happened was a few guys were in a fight so he was trying to break it up. One guys was having none of that, so he decided to tase him. Well the first shot did not go so well. The gun jammed and misfired so he missed the guy. Well....he had to reload the gun. What he did not realize was that the gun was still in its 5 second cycle so when he went to clip in the next round it immediately went off...right into his left hand. Well good thing he had a hefty supply of adrenalin rushing through his body because he had to pry the fish hook type probes out of his hand so he could get back to breaking these guys up. In this instance he ended up with a severely bruised hand and one more day off of work. Don't worry it did not hold him down. The next night he was out playing (and winning) at BINGO!

The next day he and my Mom went on a road trip for 2 weeks. Upon their return came incident #3!


Incident #3 This one really is a doosey...a doosey with sadly not much of a grand story. Too bad he couldn't tell people that it happened when he was chasing a bank robber and got in a big tussle with him when it happened. The real story is he stepped out of a trailer and rolled his foot. I know, there is nothing more mundane as this. Luckily, my Mom was with him (as was my 5 year old!!!) I got one more call from my Mom to meet them at the hospital. This time they said it was just some torn ligaments. Too bad the next day he got a call from the hospital that one of the x-rays got lost in the shuffle and he actually broke his foot. When he came in the next day he got a cast. Then one more call from the doctor the next day to say that that they thought he should see a surgeon "just to be on the safe side." Well it ended up that the "safe side" wanted him to have surgery. Here he is in all his glory...pissed beyond belief!!! At least they gave him good drugs that put a smile on his face!




Poor guy! I guess his luck has to change soon. I guess it has too he has now, with this injury, he has retired!


Remind me sometime to tell you about the time he was airlifted to the hospital. Seriously...it never ends!!!!!

1 comments:

Jesslyn said...

Tell him I like his cap. But it might be a gang color.